Sunday, September 16, 2012

Experiencing a baby shower...that I gave

Today I , with the help of my sisters and mother, gave our baby sister a baby shower.  She is 44 and this is her first baby. We could not be more excited...
We had loads of food. Some of it was not Paleo, or low carb. I stuck to the fresh raw vegetables, a few bites of coleslaw, a few strawberry slices  out of the fruit salad ,and the deviled eggs. I also ate a couple skewers of grape tomatoes and mozzarella cubes with olive oil and fresh basil drizzled on them . I by passed the punch, the sliced wraps, the beautiful sunshine cupcakes and the brownies, the jello, the white chocolate dipped grapes with chopped nuts, the individual layered  taco dip, It all looked good, but ketogenically speaking , I did not feel hungry for anything that would spoil my keto adapted body. Wha hoo.

The baby shower was awesome. Jenny received many beautiful things. I was so glad to visit with her. She lives 12 hours away. It was nice to see cousins and Aunts and nieces and tiny great nieces and nephews.

I am exhausted from running up and down stairs, at my mothers home, and glad to be home sitting at  the computer. It feels like midnight already. It's only 8 o'clock.

I sent EVERYTHING except the raw vegetables home with my grand kids and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment